Monday, April 14, 2014

Getting Fit for the Wedding

Our wedding is in less than 6 months. 
After many attempts to lose some weight other ways, I decided to try
Dr. Oz' Two Week Rapid Weight Loss 
It's pretty much what I already knew I needed to do, less carbs more veggies. 
And normally I'm sooooooooo not into diet plans that tell me what I HAVE to eat. 
But the only thing I didn't normally eat that I would was the breakfast smoothie. 

The diet is basically

I was worried about ALWAYS feeling hungry and suuuuuper tired (I drink coffee every morning!).

There were somethings I chose not to do...ok a bunch of things
  1. I was not trading my coffee for water with lemon in the morning. so I did black coffee.
  2. I bought green tea and planned to have it but in the first week I realized I hadn't even opened the box.  I tried to make sure I had some in the 2nd week. 
  3. Brown Rice, I always have a supply of white rice on hand, I wasn't about to go buy brown.  I just used white rice. 
  4. Detox Broth. I bought all the stuff, made it, tried it, threw it away.  And I didn't miss it. 
  5. No Artificial Sweeteners/Caffeine I was not about to give up soda again, so I had maybe one 12 oz soda a day, somedays no soda at all.  And I like I said I did do coffee. 
  6. Probiotic in the Morning.  I had tried this a few years ago after hearing it was good for you, the ones I tried made my stomach unhappy all day.  So I skipped this one. 
  7. Detox Baths. who has time to take a bath every single night? not me.  I did every other night, when possible.  It did remind me how much I enjoy baths, I used to take them ALL the time. (back when I had time for that haha)
It took a while for me to think of things so that I wouldn't have to make two meals, J was definitely not down for diet dinners.  He works hard and needs waaay more calories than that. 

Some meals I did...
Fajitas.  J had normal ones, I had fajita lettuce wraps. 
Spaghetti.  I had green beans as noodles like we did when we were kids. 
Modified Crockpot Chicken Chili.   (I was going to take new pictures but forgot.  I just didn't use corn and top with cheese, though everyone else did...)

New meals I tried: Lentil Soup
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Turkey Taco Quinoa Bowl
(I'll be posting the recipes in the weeks to come)

Something that helped me stick to the diet is that I started seeing results right away.  
The scale was reporting weight loss and that motivated me to keep going. 

After one week I had lost 3.5 pounds.
And when I started I even did my measurements (something I don't ever do).
I lost an inch to an inch and a half in some places. 

In the end I lost about 6 pounds, and I feel better in general. 
(I forgot to measure after the last day :/)
I have more energy and motivation. 
Clothes are feeling better too. 

I think I'm going to take a week off and get back into it. 
I have many pounds I'd like to lose for the wedding and I'm a little short on time. 
And it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it was going to be. 
losing 6 pounds in 2 weeks is not bad. 

After two weeks of being awesome, yesterday was my "free day" 
In celebration I had hella a costco churro, garlic fries, fruity pebble krispy treats for dinner...
now I have to work off all those calories...but it was worth it. 

Monday, April 7, 2014

Colorful Heart Quilt

 I made this awesome heart quilt for a close friend of mine. 
She got it just last week...and she was lucky...

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Happy 2nd Birthday D!!!

Today, Mr. D$ Honey is two years old. 
And the king finally has his own castle. 
 Roxy was not really into taking pictures. 
It was windy and a dog down the street was barking all mean like. 

When we originally got this "room with a view" dog house for D, the pictures made it look like it might be big enough for roxy to hang out in the house part. As you can see it's a little smaller than we were picturing. 

He does not use the stairs. 
He's scared of the edge.  
He's not really into walking on the actual wood 
(he's a diva)
 So I put him up on top and he hangs out. 
Sniffing the air. 
Looking around. 
I give him some treats. 
Then when we're done I take him down. 
I hope eventually he'll learn to use the stairs but I'm not gonna force it. 

He's quite happy up there. 
In the sun. 

Hopefully terrible twos doesn't apply, I don't think he could get much more terrible haha.  Just kidding, sort of.  He's definitely not Roxy, but then again, Roxy took like 3-4 years to calm down and be a semi normal dog. We pick the crazy ones. :)

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Recipe Wednesday: Cheesy Greek Style Quinoa

Um, I'm sure you've noticed I'm on a Quinoa kick. 
This is part 2 to last week's post, the side dish. I would have totally just eaten this for dinner on it's own, but I have a boy to feed and I thought I would have some chicken with it.