Monday, November 12, 2012

Thanksgiving Decorations



I love to decorate for ALL holidays.  Even if it's just a couple of things..



I follow a blog called TomKat Studio, they have amazing stuff in their shop for parties.  One day they had a special gift, FREE PRINTABLES 

I was stoked and went for it right away, within about 24 hours I received an e-mail with a zip file of the stuff. A lot of it was for if you're actually hosting thanksgiving, but there were a couple of things I could put up since I had almost no decorations for this holiday...

This project was kinda free.  The kinda part is that I had to buy printer ink in order to print them out...but I would have had to do that anyways...Here's the print outs of the banner...
 close up...
So I simply cut out the pieces, taped them to string I had...

using my new super cute tape dispenser, if you know how much I love my dogs, you know how perfect this is for me :)

And ta-da the banner was hung, oh yeah, I used orange ribbon I already had too.  I was going to buy brown like the blog shows, and the lettering on the printables appears to be a very dark brown, but I wanted to finish it up to surprise J when he got home from work so I went with what I had. 

J said the banner made him smile, and after working 14ish hours straight he said he had to read it several times before he got it right,  "thaaaanksgiving, no, thanksgiving, no, ooooh give thanks." 

Another thing I knew I wanted to use was this simple 5x7 Happy Thanksgiving sign to put in a frame.  I simply printed it, cut it, put it in the frame.

And done...

 That silly acorn turkey was a gift from one of J's friends.  Before I lived here they would decorate for holidays and never take stuff down.  So since they still had a santa rug in the middle of the summer his friend thought they should have decorations from ALL holidays at ALL times.  While he's not the cutest turkey, I told J to save it because it's funny and we're lacking in Thanksgiving decorations...

3 comments:

  1. I sorta like the turkey, in a its-in-your-house-not-mine kind of way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha J is funny!!! I think it came out nice and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Dindin is hilarious!

    Nice Thanksgiving decor! Simple, yet elegant! Your banner is inspiring, but unfortunately, it's a little too late for the inspiration. Maybe I will make a banner in time for next year! :o)

    ReplyDelete