Monday, January 28, 2013

Paper Heart Garland

We're both not that into Valentine's Day.  
I am into cute stuff like paper heart garlands :)

I think now that it's less than a week away from February, people should start thinking about Valentines.  This whole put Valentine's Day stuff out on January 1st crap is just wrong.

I first saw the paper heart garland on Pinterest, it's from this blog Manuildades sin valentin.  Despite 5 years of Spanish in Jr High and High School, I don't really know what that means...as per usual I just went off the picture and did it my own way.

First step, buy red and pink card stock at Michaels because those are colors I do not have.
Then cut hearts using Cricut Mini.  
You could hand cut the hearts, but I was being lazy. :)
I did red, light pink, and a medium pink with dots.  I also cut some that were black and white stripe but decided not to use those...

Then you just sew them together...it's been a while since I've had this machine out.

Luckily, my supervisor was looking over my shoulder the whole time to make sure I was doing it right.

He inspected the final product too...with his mouth.

Here's his, I'm innocent look.

So I made some where I sewed from top to bottom of the heart, those went by the front door. 


Then I also made some where you sew the heart from side to side, those went on the shelving in the kitchen.

I am thinking some kind of black, white, and gold sparkle garland might be a cute backdrop for a "photo booth" at our wedding...hmmmm but maybe stars? 

13 comments:

  1. HI, Teenah

    This is sweet garland. Have a great day.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww these look really cute! I like how they look sewed together. I also a pup that looked a lot like D at the animal shelter yesterday... except this dog was super calm. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! it's so easy, but pretty. also, why don't you sew on that awesome machine you have more often???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because it takes focus, I haven't been able to focus since we got d :)

      Delete
  4. love it! Was it hard to sew on the hearts? I have some paint chips i want to cut hearts out of....this would be a perfect project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually pretty easy...easier than I thought it would be anyways :) thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. This is really cute! I love heart garlands :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable! Great job! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just made a garland and it did not turn out nearly as cute as this! Might have to steal this idea instead :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agreed.. its sooo about the cute stuff!!you did good with the banners :)
    stopping in from in designers jeans

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute garland - I saw someone else sewing paper hearts, which never crossed my mind, but it's such a great idea! - yes stars would be adorable as well. and you have a sweet little supervisor, one that you actually like!
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I just posted your picture on my german blog with a link to your site!
    http://schoenstricken.de/2013/05/augen-auf-beim-papier-stanzer-kauf/
    Your garland is beautiful!
    Best from Berlin, Jessica

    ReplyDelete